Monday, April 8, 2013

Yozakura: Cherry Blossoms at night



Hanami is a big part of spring tradition in Japan, but so is Yozakura. Yozakura is Hanami at night. People come after dark to sit under the lit up Cherry Blossoms and drink and eat with friends and family. Basically, celebrating the arrival of spring. Spring this year has arrived very early! I'm a little afraid of what this means for summer. If you don't know what I am talking about then try visiting Nagoya in the summer and you will understand the moment you step outside of the airport. Actually, the air around the open door of the airplane should tell you a lot.



Until then I have these wonderful memories of Cherry Blossoms. This photo and the next one were taken with my cellphone, so it's not very sharp. I still wanted to share it with you though.



These were all taken in Tsuruma Park in Nagoya if you would like to visit next spring for your own Hanami!




No comments:

Post a Comment