Saturday, April 6, 2013

Girl's Day Celebration: All That Food


This was dessert, but I put it first. I love Annindofu! It's made from almond milk and it makes for a great dessert anytime.


 How do you say no to Shrimp and Squid when you love seafood?


 Here is the Chirashizushi that I mentioned last time. Sorry about the plastic wrap, but we needed to keep it from drying out before we ate it. It is sushi rice with salmon, egg strips, salmon eggs and snap peas.


 I had to show another picture of the bowl, because this bowl was made during the Meiji Period! There is an engraving on the bottom (in Kanji so my friend had to read for me) that says when it was made. I couldn't believe it. They definitely don't make them like they used to!

 

The plates we got to use to celebrate Girl's Day was so simple, but beautiful. Traditional musical instruments were painted on the plates. A different instrument for each plate.









I think the koto is my favorite traditional Japanese musical instrument. I'm not really sure why since I've never played one. There's just something about it.




No comments:

Post a Comment