Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Ise, Japan: A River in Ise Shrine

 

The river in Ise Shrine (Naiku) is huge! This is the first time I have seen a big river running through the grounds of a shrine.





The water looks very clean and clear. If it wasn't so cold I would like to walk around in it, although I don't think that is allowed.


The combination of the rock and the water movements created an interesting pattern that I found appealing.


It almost feels like spring in this photograph, but I think the bare branches makes it obvious that it was winter when I visited.


I was surprised that more people didn't stop by the river. Maybe they were trying to beat the rush to the main areas of the Shrine.


The weather was perfect, even if was a bit cold and windy.


This is a must see for any of you planning to travel around Japan.

If you don't have the opportunity to travel around Japan yet, I hope these photographs will tide you over until you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment