Monday, December 17, 2012

Seoul, Korea: Changdeokgung Palace





This is palace was built during the Chosun Dynasty and is a World Heritage Site. You know me and my desires to see World Heritage Sites. This palace is one of the oldest palaces in Seoul (building began in 1405).



I couldn't get enough of the details in this palace. I can't imagine how long it took just to paint the tiles on the ceiling.




 

 There are many areas to see, but of course you can't see everything.





This is just the beginning of my photographs of this palace. I will show more in the next few posts. I took some panorama shots that turned out nicely, but I can't fit them on this blog. I also have a tumblr blog (victoriainjapan.tumblr.com) where I post daily photos. Over time you will see the panoramic photographs here.

No comments:

Post a Comment