Monday, August 27, 2012

New York Series: The Metropolitan Museum of Art

We spent the entire day in the MET and we still missed one whole wing! Luckily, the day we decided to go to the MET it was raining. It was a day well spent.


 Egyptian art is always interesting to look at.


 I have to admit my favorite part of the Egyptian exhibit is looking at the hieroglyphics.








 I wonder if they transported this stone by stone and then put them back together....


 The walls were covered in carvings and hieroglyphics.


 It must have taken so long just to complete this one wall.





A nice view of the buildings surrounding the MET.


 Mosaic tiles and statues in the open court.


Lots of natural light in this area.

1 comment:

  1. Scott~

    Thank you for your comment! I really enjoyed the link you gave me! I will have to spend more time looking around this site. I didn't know about it until you mentioned it to me. I really did enjoy the painting and I was able to spot the fountain immediately!

    ReplyDelete