Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Walking Course #2: Yagoto Neighborhood in Nagoya

My first stop after getting off the train at Yagoto was this temple. There is actually quite a bit of ground to cover here.


In case you need directions of what is where this sign won't be helpful for those Kanji challenged as I am.





I am always amazed at the details put into temples and shrines.





The main pagoda.








Another prime example of the details put into the creation of a temple, that I mentioned earlier.


So, I was going to walk around the temple grounds and see what else I could find until......I noticed a funeral ceremony in progress. It's not that you aren't allowed on the temple grounds or anything (If there was a sign saying that there is a funeral in progress or to not enter I either 1. Didn't see it or... 2. Couldn't read it). I was worried that it might be rude, and the other (main) part is that it gives me the heebie-jeebies. I'm sorry if that offends anyone, but it's the truth.

So, if you would like to see the rest of the temple grounds please visit! (Hopefully, it's a non-funeral day!)

No comments:

Post a Comment