Sunday, June 10, 2012

Walking Course #1 near Atsuta Shrine

 Recently, I was trying to think of interesting places to go to take photos around Nagoya. Now, Nagoya isn't known for having a lot of interesting sites, but there are a lot of neighborhoods. A friend of mine introduced me to a walking course guidebook called "Buratto Osanpo Ko-su". There are guidebooks for many different cities and I picked one up for Nagoya.


 It has 30 different walking courses to choose from so it was difficult to choose where to go first. I finally decided to follow the course that would lead me to Atsuta Shrine since I hadn't visited this shrine yet. (Don't ask me why, after living in Nagoya for about 2 years already, I hadn't been there yet.)


 The course started at Jingu Nishi Station and led me into a park like area. I saw a groups of people using the public grounds for an early game of "Japanese cricket"......Okay that probably isn't the name of the game, but that is the best way I can describe it. If anybody knows, please let me know!


 This bridge was fairly new and gave a decent view over the river! I saw a few other people walking across and taking in the view and river.








 I was led through a park and past a University. I ran into some nice Obaachan's walking in the other direction. As is the custom I slightly bowed my head and said "konnichiwa" as I past by......Of course, whenever I do this I don't think anybody can hear me except me since I get so quiet at times like these.





 I saw this place and I'm not sure what it is. My first impression was that it is a cafe or restaurant since I saw people sitting inside the window and chatting. The next time I come back I will have to investigate further, but my goal today was to complete my course and NO sidetracking! Otherwise, I would never finish! I liked the design of their logo so I snapped a shot of it.


I peeled myself away from Slow Food's and continued on to end up walking along this path! I had to say it was pleasant to find myself walking in the shade. Also, I remembered to spray myself down with mosquito repellent so I wasn't eaten alive here. Another thing that I recommend is to take a small extra bottle of mosquito repellent since if you walk during the summer months you will need to reapply periodically with all the sweating you will do.....I did (-_-;)

1 comment:

  1. Excellent pieces. Keep writing such kind of information on your page.
    Im really impressed by your blog.
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts on 10 facts about seville spain.
    Regards
    Here is my web-site : Traveling in Spain Costa Valencia

    ReplyDelete