Saturday, November 5, 2011

Kanazawa, Japan: The Last of the Ichiba Fish Market

I loved the colors that they used for the store design. Very Andy Warhol-esque......with fish instead of Marilyn Monroe.





 Inside the store. I was tempted to buy some of their pressed sushi, but.....I had already bought a lot of fish...(T-T) If I could I would have bought one of everything!


Awesome Blowfish art!





 Giant gourds! I have no idea what these would taste like......or how to cut it


 Fresh wasabi anyone?


 Sea urchin in a case!


 A pack of fresh tiny crab! They were still moving around in there.


I loved the illustrations! These were in the same store as the Andy Warhol-esque store banners.

Next up, a small area of the town that we discovered. It was new and yet designed with an old world look.




No comments:

Post a Comment