Sunday, October 23, 2011

Tokoname: Ceramics Around The Town

Okay, I know he isn't a ceramic figurine, but he was too cute to not include in my blog.


 This bottle used to be used to carry sake in....but that was a LONG time ago. Now, I guess it's for decoration.





 I loved the shattered look of this black siding.


 A shiny Ojizou-san.


Another little friend that was taking a nap.


 Some ceramics for sale. I liked the natural colors.


 
I'm not sure what these are for other than just for decoration.





 I liked the fishes that were drawn on this pot and all in one color!


 Very old school!


I enjoyed seeing the various ways that this town found to re-use the ceramics that were broken and couldn't be sold.


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the Photo, Beautiful Japanese Art,
    There is this Art Gallery Yakimono in Paris, showing nice pieces.
    Yakimono Paris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chris~

      Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed them!

      I would love to visit Paris! I'm hoping to visit Paris one of these days! The art gallery you mentioned sounds like a place I would be very interested in seeing! Thank you for the information!

      Delete