Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Tokoname: Ceramic Art Work

Since I was born in the Year of the Tiger I am always interested in anything that has to do with Tigers!


I loved the color of the Rooster.


A wild boar figurine.


Some Ojizou-san's painted on a egg shaped vase.


These ceramic containers were huge! In the past these were used to store liquids.....maybe water? In Tokoname if there was anything in it there was a mini pond with lily pads growing inside.


This is called a Tanuki or Badger in English. This figurine is usually placed in front of businesses to attract good fortune.


Random pieces attached to a wooden wheel.


I liked this sculpture of just a man's face. It was really random to see a European piece in the middle of all these Asian pieces.


Blue variants.


I think this is supposed to be an image of a bell. Maybe of a bell or gong that is housed on temple grounds.



A cow with a marbled texture.

No comments:

Post a Comment