Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Nagoya Arimatsu Shibori: The Final Viewing


























I had a lot of fun tying and sewing the handkerchief. If I could have I would have liked to have tried dying the fabric as well! I highly recommend going to Arimatsu in Nagoya and trying your hand at tying and sewing a handkerchief. You can see some old style houses and there are lots of options for souvenirs. You can buy kimono products in this city as well, but the really nice ones are a bit expensive.

Again, if you are interested in visiting the Arimatsu Shibori Kaikan then click here and make a reservation! They have an English page as well so no worries if you can't read Japanese!


3 comments:

  1. That actually sounds really cool and I will have to remember that if I am ever in the area!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sato- Yes that is my handiwork! I'm glad you like it!

    Kaley- It was a lot of fun making the handkerchief. If you ever visit Nagoya and plan to stay for at least a couple days then you can take one day to go to Arimatsu. I say one day, because afterwards with the train ride and walking and focusing on the sewing and tying you get a little tired. lol but still worth it!

    ReplyDelete