Monday, July 25, 2011

Tanabata Stars With Japanese Artwork





This was one of my favorites.

 This is another one.



 An ostrich and on the other side....

 a penguin! Too cute!





 I loved how this person used Kanji characters to make a face.

 These stars were the ones the teachers probably wrote for their students so that it was readable. They added cute little drawings like a peach....

 a chick....grapes...

and even a little snail!

 The couple the Tanabata story is about.



I hope you enjoyed the artwork as much as I did! It was very interesting to see what other people had written or drawn on their stars. I hope their wishes came true!



3 comments:

  1. Is Tanabata the story of the couple and the river of the Milky Way? We read about it in Japanese class.

    The Kanji Face one made me laugh. I remember learning that on in Japanese and thinking the same thing. It's an emotion kanji, I think? Happiness maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the one! Yeah, most Japanese classes in the U.S. seem to teach this fairytale since it is well known and celebrated in Japan.

    I think you are right, but my Kanji level is fairly low, unfortunately. (-_-;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great piece of work. I enjoyed every bit of it.I wish to visit Japan one of these days to have some refreshing experience.Thanks for sharing and keep up with the good works.Meanwhile kindly pass by my blog and comment to help me improve my works.
    Ebendy.

    ReplyDelete