Monday, April 11, 2011

Kyoto Part VI A Hidden Little Temple in the main streets of Kyoto

 Here are the ladies that I talked about in my last post. But, I took this photo because I liked this street not because I saw them although it does add a bit more of the traditional flair to this photo.

 Here is the hidden little temple. Sato is walking to the shrine in the background.

 Here is a little statue of a Ojizosan statue. You used to be able to find these statues all over Japan, but now it is getting harder and harder to find them. It was a surprise for me to find this one here.

This lovely bouquet of colors are folded swans, senbazuru. They say that if you fold one swan a day for one thousand days your wish will come true. I don't know if this is true, but that is mainly because I have never been able to follow through for that many days. lol

 Well, this is the last of my pictures from our trip to Kyoto. This is Sato at the gateway of the hidden little temple. I hope that my pictures do inspire people to visit Kyoto as it is a beautiful city. I really hope that the news isn't affecting people's idea of Japan, especially down in the southern areas we are fine and are experiencing no problems. I do hope that the people who are in the northern area of main land Japan can begin their recovery very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment