Monday, April 11, 2011

Kyoto Part III Leaving the Temple grounds

 The view of the main shopping street from the temple gate. Again this was in February and so it was still really cold. Now, it's probably not as cold. lol



 We stopped for a little snack before lunch. I had a cream puff with match filling and Sato had the regular filling. I really enjoyed the Matcha filling! Kyoto is famous for Matcha so if you go I suggest you try anything Matcha flavored. If you are unsure of what to try with Matcha flavor, I recommend Matcha ice cream!!

 This was our view from the restaurant we had lunch in. You could see down into the crowded streets. The bottom portion is frosted so that the people below can't see you from the bottom.....that would be awkward.

 Sato thinking he escaped the picture, but didn't. He forgot that my camera has a wide angle lens. lol The lady on the far left doesn't know that either and that's why she is fearless in staring at me. hehe

 Sato's lunch! I'm sorry, but the name of this dish has escaped me, but it is a tofu dish! lol This is actually a pretty common dish, so it shouldn't be hard to find.

I wasn't very hungry since I had that cream puff not too long ago, so........I had zenzai! Kyoto is famous for having very sweet zenzai. It has mochi in sweet red bean....soup for lack of a better word. It is delicious! and great on a cold day! Please give it a try if you have the chance. (^^)y

No comments:

Post a Comment