Monday, January 17, 2011

SNOW!

 So I went to work on and it was snowing a little bit. This is a view of the snow in Sakae from the 11th floor.

 It didn't look too bad.....at first! It would stop snowing or at least slow down and I would think "Oh good! I won't have to worry about walking home later." and then 5 minutes later there was a crazy amount of snow blowing around!

 Of course, when I first moved to Nagoya I asked Sato if it snows here. His answer was that it does at least once, but that it never (yes, he said never!) sticks! So when I got home after walking through the snow and getting my feet all nice and cold and wet, I asked him "So, who said that the snow doesn't stick in Nagoya?" and he said ".....me....., but this is rare! It only happens like once every 10 years!" Yeah, that's not never!

 We went to eat Udon, because we wanted something nice and warm.....plus it's really close to my apartment.

 The snow was just swirling around in all directions. We saw some cars that had pulled over to the side of the road. Why do people drive fast in snow? I would really like to know, especially when they are driving a little Honda.

 A rare break in the snow flurries and Sato saying "Samu! (cold!)"

 This is what it looked like this morning when I woke up around 9am. It just kept snowing through the night.

And it was still snowing during the day. But, now it seems to have stopped snowing....I'm hoping it stays that way so I can go to work in the morning."

No comments:

Post a Comment