Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Italian for Dinner and Cake for Dessert

Apparently, this is a chain restaurant from Milan, Italy. This was the first one to open in Japan and all the other ones are in Tokyo, Japan.

Our "Country Style Salad". Very simple dressing, but it was good!

We had them do half and half since we couldn't decide which pizza to go with. We got the D.O.C. which had mozzarella, basil, and tomatoes, and the Capricciosa which had prosciutto, mushrooms, artichoke, olives, and mozzarella. It was sooooo good! And it was on a thin crust that was baked in a brick oven.

This pasta was really good. I can't remember what it was called, but it had pesto, sausage and parmesan cheese. I wouldn't mind eating this again....right now. I'm getting hungry just looking at this picture and remembering the flavor of this pasta.

Sato patiently waiting for the next course. In the background is the rest of the restaurant. It's a small place, but it seems to be really popular. It got busy a little bit after we got there.

This is Sato's favorite Cafe, or Kissaten. They have wonderful desserts and freshly brewed coffees and teas.

The actual front door to the kissaten. Our reflection is visible in the door!

You can see why we had such a hard time deciding which cake! They all look so good and deserving to be eaten!!!

I had the Royal Milk Tea to drink with my cake. I think this is my new favorite indulgent drink! Tea, good! Milk, good! Milk tea? GOOD!

Why, hello shortcake. I've been waiting for you to arrive.

This was Sato's choice. It looks all light and innocent, but in reality it was a dense and sinful chocolate cake. I don't know how he finished it, but he did.....and then he finished the last half of my cake that I couldn't finish. The man must have a separate stomach for dessert and coffee. I had half of my shortcake and ALL of my Royal Milk Tea....and almost died. We needed a walk after all this food, but it was worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment